It was my freshman year in high school, for one of the first times in my life I was completely scared of my new surroundings. I knew a lot of the upper classmen but to honest with you the fact that I had to be in the same building with them scared the hell out of me. Nothing however topped the fear that I had for my first Spanish class. I had tested out of Spanish 1 and was moved to the sophomore level class (where I only had a few acquaintances). Just like in the story my teacher required that the only language that was to be spoken was Spanish. All of my other classes were a breeze but this one was the most difficult. One day in particular she made us say where we were born, how old we were and what our phone number is. I know sounds like a simple task right? All I remember was me standing terrified in front of what were close to strangers, butchering the every word, and watching my teachers grin grow more and more until finally she told me to sit down. To this day I still have no clue what I said in front of that class, but apparently it was hilarious to everyone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment